Posted to rec.woodworking

Default looking for source of cheap square drive screws

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 02:36:59 -0800, Pat Barber
wrote:

Lowes & HD in my area have carried at least a
small group of "combo" head screws for the last
several years.

These boys are going to have almost "any" screw
you want and they will be right there with Lowes
or HD in price.

The current offer is $1.00 shipping to the lower 48 states on any order:
http://www.mcfeelys.com/

On 1/17/2012 10:48 AM, woodchuck wrote:

Compared to phillips, the square drive just seems superior to me. Am
I dreaming?

Canadians have known that for over 50 years - "robertson" screws are
VERY common up here. Used to be they werer all Canadian made quality
stuff, now much of it is the same cheap Chinese CRAP you guys get
south of the lakes.

I don't need high quality screws for most of what I do -- and if I do,
I'm fine with getting them.

HD / Lowes now sells a 5# box of phillips drywall screws for around
18. I'm looking for something equivalent but with square drive.

Head north.

Or -- has square drive just become obsolete? Do I need to get out
more?