Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Abate Holding Your Breath...Thompson's Design

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:09:29 GMT, (Nico Coesel)
wrote:

John Larkin wrote:

[snip]

Good grief, this is just a fixed-duty-cycle nonregulating buck
switcher. I suggested this architecture days ago.

The 555 drains the battery all the time. If it doesn't, it won't start
up. And there's probably ways to blow out the gate of the p-fet, which
would take out the n-fet as a bonus. Amateur stuff.

I agree. It looks overcomplicated. Besides that, over here bicycles
have AC dynamos.

Of course they do. The problem presented was to add battery charging.
Before you get cutesy and snarky make sure you know what you are
talking about, rather than be a Larkin parrot.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |