Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Car battery charge via towbar 12S connector

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
My dad had a Citroen GS and then a later model which I forget.
You could use the wheel change spanner as a starting handle in
both of these, and we did occasionally (damn hard work through).

Would that give any more leverage than simply using the tyre? And less
chance of that assaulting you. ;-)

It engaged with a dog on the crankshaft. Properly thought out, it was.
And if it was hard work to start the engine by hand, IME, it needed a
service.

Ah - totally misunderstood you. I thought you were using the wheel brace
on a wheel nut to start the engine.

Starting handles were part of near every car's toolkit at one time. Up
until the '60s?

A friend had a copy of the Ford "New" Anglia parts list. The starting
handle was part of the GPO spec!

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16