Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Mike Mike is offline

Default Okay, maybe a little better...

"Dave" wrote:

Neglected to mention I got stage one running okay *I think* by
replacing R7 with a 1.5K resistor. Doesn't do a damn thing for the
rest of the circuit, but I'm working on that...

Thanks.

I don't have a copy of the circuit any more, but I wonder if there's a
reason you want a FET as the first stage? It seemed there were fairly low
value resistors in the input bias network. These would swamp the high input
impedance of the FET gate.

So a good bipolar at the input might be a better match and have lower noise
at that impedance level.

Mike