Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Windows not genuine

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:12:13 -0500, Brian Lawson
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 07:23:00 -0600, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I"M BACK!

I installed XP on this box. Had quite a fight getting all the drivers, etc.
working. I do really hate M$oft for all the trouble. Not my idea of being
good to customers.

I'm just using outleak for NGs for now. I may try to reinstall agent later.

FWIW, the COA sticker you get on an emachine is NOT really a COA sticker.
M$oft won't accept it. Finnaly got the vendor to tell me the same thing. If
you lose the HD you are FUBAR. Just a heads up to other clueless types like
myself.

Karl

Hey Karl,

Full Agent runs OK on my 32-bit Windows 7. I can't recall if I bought
a "new" download or if I transferred it over from the XP machine, but
it is iodentical in looks and operation. (To be truthful, "I" didn't
do anything...I had a nice lady geek come over and do it.)

My saddest bit is losing Eudora Pro, which I really really really
like(d). I got the first use of it as "freebie" from the ISP, bought
the full version shortly thereafter, and have used since the early
1990's. It is a much much better program than this "FN" Windows Live,
but 7 does not like it, and Eudora is now Eudroa7, an "Open Source"
program, whatever that means.

Good luck. Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

Hi, Brian:-

Won't Eudora Pro run under Win7? AFAIUI, you have to change the
default storage location, but otherwise it should run even under Win7
x64.