Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Finding/Locating sewer line under basement floor

gregz wrote:
bob haller wrote:
On Jan 11, 1:04 pm, "Ron" wrote:
I own a property that has a cast iron sewer line that runs under the
basement floor, and I want to be able to mark out and locate where it runs
under the basement floor. I know that I

the underground line is likely terracota pipe. it may not be metal
once it goes underground

A metal snake should show up with a metal detector, use steel not
stainless. I tried to see if my pipe bends anywhere by using a camera.
After a lot of fooling around, I gave up looking at the whole pipe. I had
problems with my feed method and camera position. Saw hairs, webs, a worm,
and a creapy crawler. I was also looking for roots, but didn't see any as
far as I got.

Greg

I just gave myself an idea. Got to borrow the metal detector!!

Greg