Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gummer dweeber - no military service

On Jan 15, 4:40*pm, Hawke wrote:

I'm not too sure that example is very useful. I think genius IQs are in
the 140-150 range or slightly above. So if your group had an average IQ
of 130 they were far above average, yep, maybe in the top 2%. But I bet
you can't say that about your normal friends and family. I know I can't.

Sorry but that example is about the only example I have where I know
the actual IQ's. I think most of my friends and family would be about
the same but I do not have hard data to support that. You do have to
remember that most of my friends from work are retired engineers.
Since moving I have made friends with a couple of retired research
engineers. And I have a few friends that I met from the Battle Point
Astronomical Association as well as some from the Seattle Metalheads
group. No slow thinkers in that bunch either.

So you may not believe that my friends and relations are almost all in
the 2% intellect category, but I think it is true.

So I'm saying that I don't believe this guy's friends are all in the 2%
intellect category.

Hawke