Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Elementary hydraulic questions

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
I can't find burst pressure for black iron pipe or fittings.

http://www.indpipe.com/images/PDF/ma...ifications.pdf

I've seen some survive 2000 PSI in hydraulics, and others crack while being
assembled. Personally I buy hydraulic fittings that don't look at all like
water pipe and store them separately. Reducing bushings that look kinda
similar stay on more obvious fittings. The chromate finish is a good
indication for new parts but it doesn't survive rough use.

Spare porta power couplers are handy, to patch in a temporary pressure gauge
for instance:
http://www.toolcentral.com/ecommerce.../product/25998
That's not where I bought mine, just a Google hit, but the price looks good.

jsw