Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Barry Barry is offline

Default Pressing paint between coats - clean alternative to sanding?

On Jan 15, 4:41*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:40:24 -0800 (PST), Barry
wrote:

I'm just throwing this out for comments. I'm thinking of putting a
sheet of fine sandpaper on my painted surface between coats and going
over it with a roller so I don't have to worry about cleaning up or
inhaling dust. I'm also thinking about degreasing plain steel with
dish soap and rolling the sandpaper over it even before the first
coat, though wet sanding is pretty dust free, so I may wet sand. Maybe
coarse sandpaper that I reposition a few times is better for this.

Now I'm thinking about degreasing with diswasher detergent. I still
may try my sandpaper idea. I'm more worried about getting a smooth
coat with a brush than anything else. That's been a problem with my
last couple of projects.