Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Steve[_24_] Steve[_24_] is offline

Default Honeywell MagicStat thermostat - questions about jumper settings on the back

I still haven't figured out why nobody has posted the link for the
instructions for this antique big box store POS stat.

Either the OP is an idiot (this is a given), and/or he's just too freakin
lazy to actually look for it, and/or hes nothing but another troll.
A simple yahoo search gets over 19,000 hits. How hard is this??

http://customer.honeywell.com/TechLi...0s/69-0653.pdf

You can also go to the Honeywell site and get it from there....

"Grumpy" wrote in message
Sorry guys but some how you guys getting on my nerves
you being discussing this Fxxxxxx Magic Thermostat for past month
and I don't see positive explain what type heat does it has
is it hot water or is it hot air electrical/gas or does this thermostat
controls home/buld. temp.
Or you are trying to use VW motor to drive Cad.

"HVAC Guy" wrote in message
" wrote:

Whenever i adjusted the 'A' screw in or out partially...it DID
make a difference on the cycle time (differential) .

My gut feeling, based on turning out the A screw, is that the furnace
cycle time has been lengthened to a more satisfactory condition, with no
discernable change in overall ambient air temperature.

A-out / B-in Hot water boiler (radiant heat?)

So this is, in effect, telling the thermostat that instead of
controlling a conventional mid-efficiency forced-air natural gas
furnace, that it's controlling a hot water boiler.

This seems to have the effect of not turning on the furnace as often.