Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac
Grumpy[_2_] Grumpy[_2_] is offline

Default Honeywell MagicStat thermostat - questions about jumper settings on the back

Sorry guys but some how you guys getting on my nerves
you being discussing this Fxxxxxx Magic Thermostat for past month
and I don't see positive explain what type heat does it has
is it hot water or is it hot air electrical/gas or does this thermostat controls home/buld. temp.
Or you are trying to use VW motor to drive Cad.

"HVAC Guy" wrote in message ...
" wrote:

Whenever i adjusted the 'A' screw in or out partially...it DID
make a difference on the cycle time (differential) .

My gut feeling, based on turning out the A screw, is that the furnace
cycle time has been lengthened to a more satisfactory condition, with no
discernable change in overall ambient air temperature.

A-out / B-in Hot water boiler (radiant heat?)

So this is, in effect, telling the thermostat that instead of
controlling a conventional mid-efficiency forced-air natural gas
furnace, that it's controlling a hot water boiler.

This seems to have the effect of not turning on the furnace as often.