Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wild_Bill Wild_Bill is offline

Default Snowblower engine "misses" and fires not consistently

I was gonna suggest something like your example when EA was askin' about a
emergency generator.

When I looked them up, there were lots of examples online, of yard machines
and utility equipment run with H&M many years ago.

The larger oil well pumps I've seen around western PA (made in local
foundries), have had spoked cast iron flywheels up to 5 feet in diameter..
many of 'em sitting idle, going to waste.
There are numerous pumps still in use, as close as about 10 miles from the
city, then scattered randomly all over the place.

--
WB

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 17:49:05 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Wow, you name it! Unstable mixture, water in the gas, dirty spark plug,
degraded magneto coil, bad points (if it has them), wrong ignition
timing (can be the shearable key in the flywheel), loose head bolts,
bad valves. Hmm, can't think of too many more.

Maybe it's an older one, with that type of engine. http://goo.gl/65L3K

--
Make awkward sexual advances, not war.