Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Visit to a scrap yard - Now Tin for lead casting

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 21:18:59 -0500, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

On 2012-01-13, Tom Gardnermars@tacks wrote:

Next time you are there ask if they have any Tin scrap for sale.

If you seriously want to buy several tons or hundreds of lbs of tin,
contact me. I know someone who scraps #1 tin ingots. I may work out a
deal or something and make a couple of bucks.

I just want enough to raise the percentage of Tin in my lead
wheel-weight alloy to make it flow better. My scrap guy doesn't ever
get Tin, it's hard to find around here. Need some wire brushes?

I could use some tin too, but not hundreds of pounds.
Iggy / Tom - put together a joint purchase?
How much do we have to buy to get the guy to sell?
Any other lead casters here?

RWL

Gunner raises his hand

Gunner Asch