Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Windows not genuine

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 08:20:06 -0500,
wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 10:51:34 -0500, Tom Gardner mars@tacks wrote:

On 1/12/2012 5:59 AM,
wrote:
I bought this computer a month ago. Then I learned that W7 would not
run myvery old copy of autocad, visual basic, and most important my
CNC control software(Camsoft).

I managed to completely hose W7 trying to get XP running on the same
box. So, I went nuclear:reformated, installed XP, then W7 using the
COA sticker on the side of this box (emachine from Best Buy).

All was well until just a few minutes ago. The screen went black and I
got "This copy of windows is not genuine". I was able to put in a new
background.

Is this box about to die? What should I do?

Karl

Where did you get the copy you used?

I got the DVD OS install from a wire brush guy VBG

The COA sticker on the box was the product number I used.
M$oft says its not valid and told my better half to call the
manufacturer. Can't find a place to call on this best buy emachine.

I'll be returning the 'puter to best buy as soon as it dies.

I NOW REALLY F%^&ING HATE M$OFT. This new OS won't run my old software
and caused all the trouble. I've spent DAYS on this.

Karl

Get used to it. Apple was that way for years.

You cannot run 16 0r 32 bit programs on a 64 bit OS.
You CAN run a 32 bit OS as a VM - which will get you by for MOST
programs - but not all - and it depends what VM you use.

I used Hyper V for a while and loved it - then got forced into
switching toVM-Ware. What an ignorant, brain-dead OS THAT is in
comparison to the Microsoft product!!!!!