Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Default EPA nuttiness to insanity was Visit to a scrap yard

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Okay, this I can understand. The need to clean up pollution. The
question I still have is - why would an industrial site in an
industrial zone, be required to be restored to being as pristine as a
day care playground?

Because it might be. You don't know WHAT that might be in 5 or 10
years.

Why is it that TV and Computers are consider hazardous waste
because of the lead in the glass? Is that going to magically leech
out of the glass?

AFIK, it ISN'T the lead in the glass, its the phosphors, and the lead
in the solder.

jk