Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Driving chain for hand chain hoist

On 1/14/2012 11:47 AM, Ignoramus5125 wrote:
I have a 2 ton Coffing manual chain hoist that I am using for various
corporate purposes. I mount it on a 10 foot A frame, but the hoist was
originally intended for a 20 foot lift. I was able to bundle up the
lifting chain, so that it does not get in the way.

However, the driving chain (which you pull by hand) is too long and,
because it loops all the way through, I cannot just hang the excess of
it. So, it is a mess on the floor.

What I do not know is what it is called, and on what page of say
mcMaster carr catalog can I buy its equivalent. It has to be a pretty
exact match.

Why don't you just shorten what you have?