Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Filter crossposts under Thunderbird

On 1/13/2012 2:06 PM, tnik wrote:
On 1/13/2012 8:15 AM, tnik wrote:
On 1/12/2012 7:01 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
tnik wrote:
I believe if you want to block all xposting, just put in a comma in
the contains line.

Good idea! I love it. Even if it doesn't work G.

I just set it up, soon find out if it works.

Please let us know.

Bob

Seems to work pretty good.. Got in this morning, and where I normally
have 100's of new posts, most off topic or spam, I only had 50 pretty
much on topic posts. I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

Tom

Well, using a "," in the filter works great.. But that means NO cross
posts at all.. So 'What is it #xxx?' posts get filtered too, and
sometimes r.c.metalworking and a.m.cnc get cross posted so I guess the
best way is to just filter out the newsgroups themselves.

I changed over to that (comma) this morning. Filtering my newsgroup
name seems to taken quite literally.
Alt.politics didn't match alt.politics.stupid, alt.politics.metoo, etc.

The guiding precepts that became usenet depended on individual self
control and good sense when cross posting.

I really think it's time to limit cross posting. Certainly it should
not be allowed between alt and rec, etc. There is no way that such
crosses would make sense.