Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tnik tnik is offline

Default Filter crossposts under Thunderbird

On 1/13/2012 8:15 AM, tnik wrote:
On 1/12/2012 7:01 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
tnik wrote:
I believe if you want to block all xposting, just put in a comma in
the contains line.

Good idea! I love it. Even if it doesn't work G.

I just set it up, soon find out if it works.

Please let us know.

Bob

Seems to work pretty good.. Got in this morning, and where I normally
have 100's of new posts, most off topic or spam, I only had 50 pretty
much on topic posts. I wish I would have done this a long time ago.

Tom

Well, using a "," in the filter works great.. But that means NO cross
posts at all.. So 'What is it #xxx?' posts get filtered too, and
sometimes r.c.metalworking and a.m.cnc get cross posted so I guess the
best way is to just filter out the newsgroups themselves.