Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Visit to a scrap yard

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
.. .
I've taken scrap to several places, in Rochester, NY area. I'll never go
back to Kreigers, because they have several times short weighted me at the
scales. Even when I'm standing next to the guy and watching the scale,
they
still short me.

LOL. I filled a propane bottle for my BBQ once at a local business. They
started with the meter on 0.2. Filled the hose before opening the bottle so
it jumped to .4 before opening my valve. Filled it to 4.7, and then wrote
down 5 gallons on the ticket. When I told the manager why I wouldn't be
coming back he just said, "Ok." LOL. I haven't been back. Not even for a
soda.

Other yards are more honest. One time I had a load of BX electical cable.
Phoned. One yard quoted me 5 cents a pound for scrap, another yard quoted
think 80 cents a pound for the copper content. Good idea to call around.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message

My cousin did scrapping for a couple years until he recently got a job in
his field again. He said he did ok working 3 days a week but he worked 5
or
6 when he could because it can be pretty brutal work in the winter time
where he lives.