Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Filter crossposts under Thunderbird

On 1/12/2012 16:11, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 1/12/2012 10:03 AM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

Do you filter on specific group names, or any cross posting? If on any
cross posting, how do you do it?

Don't know if there's a way to filter on cross posts specifically in
Thunderbird. I just include any newsgroup by name that shows up here not
related to metalworking.

Jon

Using 9.0.1

Under Tools:

message filters

select filters for

select R.C.M.

click new

Under dropdown box marked "Subject"

click customize

fill in new message header with "newsgroups" (no quotes)

fill in a name at the top for "filter name" (I used xposts)

put a , (comma) in the box to the right of "contains"

Then below that, in the perform these actions

dropdown box select delete message

click the "+" to add another action

dropdown box select ignore thread

click the "+" to add another action