Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gummer dweeber - no military service

On 1/12/2012 12:17 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 1/11/2012 6:24 AM, wrote:
On Jan 11, 12:21 am, George wrote:

Do you have any idea how old he is, and what he does for a living?

He has said that he got his college degree when he was fifty, at least
that is what I remember. And something else he said has me thinking
he is less that 65 year old. Do not remember exactly what it was that
makes me think that. So I think of him as someone who graduated from
college about 15 years ago.

There's something about him that makes me think he's much older than the
views he expresses - not exactly immature, in the sense that he'd still
be shoplifting candy bars from the drugstore or doing frat party beer
busts, but maybe a case of arrested development. I've encountered
people in their 30s or 40s who expressed similarly extremist political
views to his, but they expressed them in age-appropriate styles.
Something about his writing suggests youth, but I don't think he's all
that young.

That fits in with my thoughts of him being about 15 years after
graduation. So much like a 35 year old in his thinking.

I'm still curious to know how he makes a living. Earlier this evening
he wrote about not having to work to support himself. My first guess is
nutless househusband. I don't think he's old enough to have kids who
are supporting him, and I don't think he's a welfare scrounger.

I do not think he has ever been married. At least I can not remember
him ever posting anything that would make me think he is or had been
married.

It's funny that he accuses others of so-called "black-white" thinking,
because he's not only susceptible to it, he lives by it. His notion
that wealth disparities are bad /per se/, without being able to come
close to articulating /why/ they're bad, is an example.

I think ho accuses others of that because I give him a bad time about
seeing the world as black and white. So he accuses others of that to
make it seem like he does not see the word in black and white.

Dan

All this speculation. I can clear it up for you. I'm 61 years old,

That's right about what I guessed.

white, single, lifelong bachelor, and I get my money from investments I
made over the years.

If you live off investments you made, you're a one-percenter. You'd be
wiped out by the very policies you advocate.

Furthermore, the policies you advocate would make it all but impossible
for others to reach a position in which they can live off their investments.

I've had numerous jobs. I was a real estate agent
for a while and I also owned a tennis pro shop and was a U.S.P.T.A.
certified instructor. I went to college at Calif. State University,
Chico. My B.A. is in Political science and I'm also a certified
paralegal. So that's me.

So, you're a dilettante.

One thing you failed to mention is having done anything that would have
instilled any common sense.

But I've been a lot of places and met a lot of
people and have quite a varied set of life experiences. I've never used
my degree to make a living. I haven't needed to. But I got the benefit
of an education, which I notice that many who don't have degrees don't
think much of. I can understand that. I used to be ignorant like them
too. Anything else?

Hawke