Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default gummer dweeber - no military service

On 1/8/2012 2:08 PM, Hawwke-ptooey wrote:

And you think that you can change things by posting on RCM.

Dan

What do you think Dan. When someone exposes a person as a liar does that
change anything?

Hawwke-ptooey

It changes things just as much as you do when you expose yourself as a
fool by posting.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/8/2012 2:09 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 1/8/2012 2:08 PM, Hawwke-ptooey wrote:

And you think that you can change things by posting on RCM.

Dan

What do you think Dan. When someone exposes a person as a liar does that
change anything?

Hawwke-ptooey

It changes things just as much as you do when you expose yourself as a
fool by posting.

David

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two cents.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 10, 3:31*pm, Hawke wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two cents.

Hawke

Temper , Temper. This is a usegroup and open to everyone that wants
to participate. If you were corresponding by email, it would be
different.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 10, 3:31 pm, Hawke
wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawke

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ing
cents either!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2012 6:45 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:31 pm, Hawke
wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawke

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2012 2:31 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 1/8/2012 2:09 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 1/8/2012 2:08 PM, Hawwke-ptooey wrote:

And you think that you can change things by posting on RCM.

Dan

What do you think Dan. When someone exposes a person as a liar does that
change anything?

Hawwke-ptooey

It changes things just as much as you do when you expose yourself as a
fool by posting.

David

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two cents.

Hawke

Punk? Decades ago, back when I was a punk, the word wasn't in common
usage. I outgrew that level long before I reached the age of 14, which
is where you seemed to have stopped maturing.

Has anyone here ever asked anyone for their 2 cents? :^) I wouldn't ask
for yours because I'm sure you spent all your pocket change buying that
poli sci diploma.

You just can't resist displaying for all your immaturity and cluelessness.

The problem is that you have displayed so little credibility, maturity
and accumulated wisdom in your typical posts that no one takes you
seriously. You come on like a little boy trying to join an adult
conversation, but you just don't have enough depth of insight to be able
to make a useful contribution, plus you're too petty and obnoxious to
even be amusing.

You make big noises about your alleged poli sci degree, but all that you
show us is that left = good, right(as in, anyone who points out your
errors)= bad. You can't even recognize that there are valid political
stances other than left/right or that there are people like me far to
the left of you who see you for the shallow poseur that you are.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2012 8:49 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
[...]

I dug back in Google Groups and found at least one instance (December
2009) when he said he had a degree in political science. That fits.

Do you have any idea how old he is, and what he does for a living?

You just can't resist displaying for all your immaturity and cluelessness.

The problem is that you have displayed so little credibility, maturity
and accumulated wisdom in your typical posts that no one takes you
seriously. You come on like a little boy trying to join an adult
conversation, but you just don't have enough depth of insight to be able
to make a useful contribution, plus you're too petty and obnoxious to
even be amusing.

There's something about him that makes me think he's much older than the
views he expresses - not exactly immature, in the sense that he'd still
be shoplifting candy bars from the drugstore or doing frat party beer
busts, but maybe a case of arrested development. I've encountered
people in their 30s or 40s who expressed similarly extremist political
views to his, but they expressed them in age-appropriate styles.
Something about his writing suggests youth, but I don't think he's all
that young.

I'm still curious to know how he makes a living. Earlier this evening
he wrote about not having to work to support himself. My first guess is
nutless househusband. I don't think he's old enough to have kids who
are supporting him, and I don't think he's a welfare scrounger.

You make big noises about your alleged poli sci degree, but all that you
show us is that left = good, right(as in, anyone who points out your
errors)= bad. You can't even recognize that there are valid political
stances other than left/right or that there are people like me far to
the left of you who see you for the shallow poseur that you are.

It's funny that he accuses others of so-called "black-white" thinking,
because he's not only susceptible to it, he lives by it. His notion
that wealth disparities are bad /per se/, without being able to come
close to articulating /why/ they're bad, is an example.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 11, 12:21*am, George Plimpton wrote:

Do you have any idea how old he is, and what he does for a living?

He has said that he got his college degree when he was fifty, at least
that is what I remember. And something else he said has me thinking
he is less that 65 year old. Do not remember exactly what it was that
makes me think that. So I think of him as someone who graduated from
college about 15 years ago.

There's something about him that makes me think he's much older than the
views he expresses - not exactly immature, in the sense that he'd still
be shoplifting candy bars from the drugstore or doing frat party beer
busts, but maybe a case of arrested development. *I've encountered
people in their 30s or 40s who expressed similarly extremist political
views to his, but they expressed them in age-appropriate styles.
Something about his writing suggests youth, but I don't think he's all
that young.

That fits in with my thoughts of him being about 15 years after
graduation. So much like a 35 year old in his thinking.

I'm still curious to know how he makes a living. *Earlier this evening
he wrote about not having to work to support himself. *My first guess is
nutless househusband. *I don't think he's old enough to have kids who
are supporting him, and I don't think he's a welfare scrounger.

I do not think he has ever been married. At least I can not remember
him ever posting anything that would make me think he is or had been
married.

It's funny that he accuses others of so-called "black-white" thinking,
because he's not only susceptible to it, he lives by it. *His notion
that wealth disparities are bad /per se/, without being able to come
close to articulating /why/ they're bad, is an example.

I think ho accuses others of that because I give him a bad time about
seeing the world as black and white. So he accuses others of that to
make it seem like he does not see the word in black and white.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"David R. Birch" wrote in message
[...]

Poli sci degree? What's that worth? Even the paper that it's written on
seems that it would chafe. I guess it's like the gal that was complaining
on talk radio about there not being enough good paying jobs for a "ancient
Greek cultural arts" diploma. Or something like that. Even if she got a
lot of actual "Greek" ;-) experience in college, women who will do that
sort of thing make decent money as I hear it is somewhat specialized in that
circle. It would seem that as with welders and machinists, it would be
logical to check out what the job pays before you invest years and years and
the government's money in it. Or maybe the goal is to become so smart that
you can't do anything but teach, and we all know that's a cushy secure job
for life once tenure is achieved.

And then there's the speaking circuit. Or politics.

Or usenet, but that doesn't pay well, either.

I'm confused. ;-) And most poli sci majors that I have ever met are one
peg above crazy as a ******** rat types.

Steve

www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawke

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that means
you aren't smart either.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

And you just keep repeating the same tripe. I've looked to see your
highly intellectual and rational commentary on numerous subjects but
there doesn't seem to be any for me to look at. All I can find are
examples of you acting superior and condescending. You try to come
across as some kind of authority that has a right to judge others. Yet
you have shown nothing that would indicate you have anything making you
better than average. You don't tell us about your advanced degrees. You
don't have brilliant things you have written. You do have plenty of
childish personal criticisms. But not a thing showing you to be anything
to write home about. So how about showing us how great you are instead
of just talking about how great you are? Unless the truth is you aren't
very good at much of anything, which I suspect is the reality. You
pretend to be what your aren't because what you really are is woefully
inadequate.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/11/2012 6:24 AM, wrote:
On Jan 11, 12:21 am, George wrote:

[...]

All this speculation. I can clear it up for you. I'm 61 years old,
white, single, lifelong bachelor, and I get my money from investments I
made over the years. I've had numerous jobs. I was a real estate agent
for a while and I also owned a tennis pro shop and was a U.S.P.T.A.
certified instructor. I went to college at Calif. State University,
Chico. My B.A. is in Political science and I'm also a certified
paralegal. So that's me. But I've been a lot of places and met a lot of
people and have quite a varied set of life experiences. I've never used
my degree to make a living. I haven't needed to. But I got the benefit
of an education, which I notice that many who don't have degrees don't
think much of. I can understand that. I used to be ignorant like them
too. Anything else?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawke

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that means
you aren't smart either.

I know that I'm more successful than you. Of course, that's a low
hurdle to get over.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 12, 2:51*pm, Hawke wrote:
On 1/10/2012 4:23 PM, wrote:

On Jan 10, 3:31 pm, *wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two cents.

Hawke

Temper , Temper. *This is a usegroup and open to everyone that wants
to participate. *If you were corresponding by email, it would be
different.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

You snipped out what my reply was to. If you had left that in then you
would see what I said was appropriate. The boy needed a reprimand!

Hawke

Anyone interested can find all the pieces I cut out.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/12/2012 12:17 PM, Hawke wrote:
On 1/11/2012 6:24 AM, wrote:
[...]

That's right about what I guessed.

white, single, lifelong bachelor, and I get my money from investments I
made over the years.

If you live off investments you made, you're a one-percenter. You'd be
wiped out by the very policies you advocate.

Furthermore, the policies you advocate would make it all but impossible
for others to reach a position in which they can live off their investments.

I've had numerous jobs. I was a real estate agent
for a while and I also owned a tennis pro shop and was a U.S.P.T.A.
certified instructor. I went to college at Calif. State University,
Chico. My B.A. is in Political science and I'm also a certified
paralegal. So that's me.

So, you're a dilettante.

One thing you failed to mention is having done anything that would have
instilled any common sense.

But I've been a lot of places and met a lot of
people and have quite a varied set of life experiences. I've never used
my degree to make a living. I haven't needed to. But I got the benefit
of an education, which I notice that many who don't have degrees don't
think much of. I can understand that. I used to be ignorant like them
too. Anything else?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawke

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that means
you aren't smart either.

I know that I'm more successful than you. Of course, that's a low hurdle
to get over.

Like I just said, you're not what people think of when they think of as
rich. So that means you aren't even smart at least according to the old
standby, if you're so smart why aren't you rich? I think that applies to
you quite well.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/12/2012 2:31 PM, George Plimpton wrote:

All this speculation. I can clear it up for you. I'm 61 years old,

That's right about what I guessed.

white, single, lifelong bachelor, and I get my money from investments I
made over the years.

If you live off investments you made, you're a one-percenter. You'd be
wiped out by the very policies you advocate.

I'm hardly a one-percenter. Just because I am able to get by on what my
investments generate I'm not in that privileged class. I'm in a really
unusual class. I live off of investments and do not have to work but I'm
by no means rich, not by a long shot. I don't know if that is something
to cry about or be happy over.

Furthermore, the policies you advocate would make it all but impossible
for others to reach a position in which they can live off their
investments.

You're crazy. What I advocate only applies to the privileged people with
extreme amounts of money. People like Romney. People with hundreds of
millions in assets. The kind of person who would tear down a 3,000 sq
ft. Malibu beach front property to expand it to 12,000 sq ft. That's the
kind of person my policies would affect. But they would affect most
regular people too because I'd make sure they got more money in their
pockets at the end of the day. In other words, I'd be fighting for the
common man and not for the super rich. I know that seem backwards to you.

I've had numerous jobs. I was a real estate agent
for a while and I also owned a tennis pro shop and was a U.S.P.T.A.
certified instructor. I went to college at Calif. State University,
Chico. My B.A. is in Political science and I'm also a certified
paralegal. So that's me.

So, you're a dilettante.

If I was engaged in some endeavor just for the hell of it I might be but
I'm not. Right now what I am doing is helping our my two geriatric
parents. Not exactly what you find a dilettante doing.

One thing you failed to mention is having done anything that would have
instilled any common sense.

Just my age, life experience, and education. Not much. At least not
compared to someone as awesome as you are. Or at least that is what you
keep telling me.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawke

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that means
you aren't smart either.

I know that I'm more successful than you. Of course, that's a low hurdle
to get over.

Like I just said, you're not what people think of when they think of as
rich.

Nor did I ever suggest I am.

So that means you aren't even smart

Doesn't mean that at all.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/12/2012 1:51 PM, Hawwk-ptooey wrote:
On 1/10/2012 4:23 PM, wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:31 pm, wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two cents.

Hawwk-ptooey

Temper , Temper. This is a usegroup and open to everyone that wants
to participate. If you were corresponding by email, it would be
different.

Dan

You snipped out what my reply was to. If you had left that in then you
would see what I said was appropriate. The boy needed a reprimand!

Hawwk-ptooey

I'm sure that anyone who cared to had read what led to your pathetic
childish response. I scoff at the idea that your reprimand would be
taken seriously by the adults who frequent this group. I'm sure I'm not
the only one who finds your pettiness annoying. Maybe there's another
group that could feed your desperate need for attention.

The problem is that you have displayed so little credibility, maturity
and accumulated wisdom in your typical posts that no one takes you
seriously. You come on like a little boy trying to join an adult
conversation, but you just don't have enough depth of insight to be able
to make a useful contribution, plus you're too petty and obnoxious to
even be amusing.

You make big noises about your alleged poli sci degree, but all that you
show us is that left = good, right(as in, anyone who points out your
errors)= bad. You can't even recognize that there are valid political
stances other than left/right or that there are people like me far to
the left of you who see you for the shallow poseur that you are.

Get lost.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawwk-ptooey

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that means
you aren't smart either.

Hawwk-ptooey

I know quite a few very smart people, all of them smarter than you,
although that's a low hurdle. Some of them are rich because what they do
leads to wealth, but wealth isn't why they do it. Most of the smartest
just don't find the pursuit of wealth very interesting.

But you probably don't understand that either. You seem to be the type
who resents wealth because you recognize that your limited competence
will never lead to wealth. Or much of anything.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2012 2:31 PM, Hawwke-ptooeye wrote:
[...]

The group has noted your poor reading comprehension.

All I can find are examples of you acting superior and condescending.

This indicates you've only found what I wrote to you.

You try to come across as some kind of authority that has a right
to judge others.

We all exercise judgement in everything we do. In your case, I don't
really bother beyond pointing out your usual levels of inconsistency and
hypocrisy.

Yet you have shown nothing that would indicate you have anything making
youbetter than average. You don't tell us about your advanced degrees.

You're the only one who considers degrees important.

You don't have brilliant things you have written.

No, you just haven't read them, or if you have, they are beyond you.

You do have plenty of childish personal criticisms.

Just trying to help by pointing out your many faults so that you may
correct them.

But not a thing showing you to be anything to write home about.

To whom would you write home? Why would they read it?

So how about showing us how great you are instead
of just talking about how great you are?

I haven't talked about me being great, just about you being meager.

Unless the truth is you aren't very good at much of anything,
which I suspect is the reality. You pretend to be what your
aren't because what you really are is woefully inadequate.

Hawwke-ptooey

I see from this that you have little experience with reality. Of course,
this is what you show us with every post.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawke

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one
more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that
means
you aren't smart either.

I know that I'm more successful than you. Of course, that's a low hurdle
to get over.

Like I just said, you're not what people think of when they think of as
rich.

Nor did I ever suggest I am.

So that means you aren't even smart

Doesn't mean that at all.

You know the saying right? If you're so smart why aren't you rich? I
don't buy into that but it seems that most Libertarians do.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawwk-ptooey

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that means
you aren't smart either.

Hawwk-ptooey

I know quite a few very smart people, all of them smarter than you,
although that's a low hurdle.

No you don't. Because of your bias you wouldn't recognize how smart I am
even if it's obvious to others. I know from my education and from how I
interact with really intelligent people, and from IQ tests that I am
above average in intelligence. So your statement is false.

Some of them are rich because what they do
leads to wealth, but wealth isn't why they do it. Most of the smartest
just don't find the pursuit of wealth very interesting.

I never did. I always was more interested in being something instead of
having things. Having more things doesn't do much for me.

But you probably don't understand that either.

I'm sure that you would be surprised at how much I know. Chances are
it's more than you do. You talk a great game but so far I've seen no
evidence to support that idea. What great success in life can you point
to that makes you superior to anyone? You like to do put downs and
that's common among underachievers.

You seem to be the type
who resents wealth because you recognize that your limited competence
will never lead to wealth.

My competence is far from limited. In fact, I'd put my capabilities up
against yours any day of the week. You keep presenting yourself as
superior. When do we get to see some proof of it? Or is all you are
going to do is talk about it? Let's see something from you that
demonstrates you are better than average at anything. Put up or shut up.
Let's see what you've got. You act like someone who wants to be
respected but you have done nothing to earn it. If you can't show any
reason why you should be treated with respect then don't expect any.

Or much of anything.

In your ignorance you have no idea what I have. But I can tell you I
have many things of value. Maybe not to someone as shallow and
pretentious as you but to me any many others I've got a lot. And
apparently all your superior abilities haven't led you to wealth either.
So what happened?

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/10/2012 4:23 PM, wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:31 pm, wrote:

[...]

Keep repeating the same posts over and over and I'll keep giving you the
same reply. Shut up!

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 13, 3:00*pm, Hawke wrote:

No you don't. Because of your bias you wouldn't recognize how smart I am
even if it's obvious to others. I know from my education and from how I
interact with really intelligent people, and from IQ tests that I am
above average in intelligence. So your statement is false.

Hawke

But saying you are above average in intelligence is not saying very
much. Half the people in the U.S. are above average in intelligence.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/12/2012 9:19 PM, David R. Birch wrote:

And you just keep repeating the same tripe. I've looked to see your
highly intellectual and rational commentary on numerous subjects but
there doesn't seem to be any for me to look at.

The group has noted your poor reading comprehension.

My reading comprehension skills are at least as good as yours. I learned
them getting my training as a paralegal. The question is are you going
to pretend you know the law better than I do too? I've plowed through
legal decisions you would never understand. But keep up the superiority
charade all you want.

All I can find are examples of you acting superior and condescending.

This indicates you've only found what I wrote to you.

I can't find anything you write that is above a sixth grade level. To
anyone. I find nothing indicating you have any training or expertise in
anything, even metalworking.

You try to come across as some kind of authority that has a right
to judge others.

We all exercise judgement in everything we do. In your case, I don't
really bother beyond pointing out your usual levels of inconsistency and
hypocrisy.

In your case that is completely understandable. You really have shown
nothing to indicate you are even average. That is what's most consistent
about you. You repeat yourself endlessly and you contribute nothing of
value to the group. Apparently there is nothing with which you have any
expertise in whatsoever. But you do take it upon yourself to act like a
snob. Not a good combination.

Yet you have shown nothing that would indicate you have anything making
youbetter than average. You don't tell us about your advanced degrees.

You're the only one who considers degrees important.

That's what uneducated people say all the time. Try looking for work
without having a college degree and see if any of the "job creators"
agree with you. They won't. They all want people with degrees. I wonder
why? Maybe they think they're better than the people without them.

You don't have brilliant things you have written.

No, you just haven't read them, or if you have, they are beyond you.

Care to show us some of your best material? You know, some examples of
how you are one of the better minds here.

You do have plenty of childish personal criticisms.

Just trying to help by pointing out your many faults so that you may
correct them.

Yeah, sure you are. Thanks for showing how dishonest you are.

But not a thing showing you to be anything to write home about.

To whom would you write home? Why would they read it?

That's an expression that everyone should know. If you don't recognize
that you really are lacking in basic knowledge.

So how about showing us how great you are instead
of just talking about how great you are?

I haven't talked about me being great, just about you being meager.

Anyone can understand that the flip side of that means you think you are
something above meager yourself. If you are good enough to criticize and
find fault in others you owe it to the group to explain why. So tell
everyone how come you are so qualified to tell others how inferior they
are? You have to be better to do that and you aren't showing you are any
better than anyone. You do show what a chicken you are though.

Unless the truth is you aren't very good at much of anything,
which I suspect is the reality. You pretend to be what your
aren't because what you really are is woefully inadequate.

Hawwke-ptooey

I see from this that you have little experience with reality. Of course,
this is what you show us with every post.

What you show with you posts is that you think you're better than you
are and you show you haven't got the balls to come out with what makes
you any better than anyone else. Where's your Ph.D from? Where's your
Olympic medals. Where's your mansion you live in. I mean, you sound so
superior lets see the proof of it. Of course if you can't then you're
just like Gummer, a big mouth that doesn't tell the truth. In other
words you'd be a liar that has no balls.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/13/2012 2:02 PM, Hawwk-ptooey wrote:

[...]

And I will continue to require you to stop annoying the adults until you
can show you deserve to take your place among us.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/13/2012 2:00 PM, Hawwk-ptooey wrote:
On 1/12/2012 8:57 PM, David R. Birch wrote:
On 1/12/2012 1:52 PM, Hawwk-ptooey wrote:
On 1/10/2012 7:20 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 1/10/2012 6:45 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
On Jan 10, 3:31 pm, Hawwk-ptooey
wrote:

Shut up, punk. Nobody asked you for your two
cents.

Hawwk-ptooey

Hey hawkie punk, nobody asked you for your two
****ingcents either!

He doesn't have two cents, unless the welfare office gave him one more.

Something from your tone tells me you ain't rich and you know that means
you aren't smart either.

Hawwk-ptooey

I know quite a few very smart people, all of them smarter than you,
although that's a low hurdle.

No you don't. Because of your bias you wouldn't recognize how smart I am
even if it's obvious to others. I know from my education and from how I
interact with really intelligent people, and from IQ tests that I am
above average in intelligence. So your statement is false.

Not really, above average puts you in the top 50%, most of my friends
have demonstrated that they are in the top 2%.

Some of them are rich because what they do
leads to wealth, but wealth isn't why they do it. Most of the smartest
just don't find the pursuit of wealth very interesting.

I never did. I always was more interested in being something instead of
having things. Having more things doesn't do much for me.

So what happened to your "if you're so smart, why aren't you rich"? Are
you disappointed that you will never be something more than a
newsgroupie with a useless BA from a mediocre school?

But you probably don't understand that either.

I'm sure that you would be surprised at how much I know. Chances are
it's more than you do.

Low probability, I didn't stop learning when I left school like you did.

You talk a great game but so far I've seen no evidence to support that idea.

Yes, many of us have commented on your cluelessness.

What great success in life can you point to that makes you superior toanyone?

Nothing Nobel worthy so far, but NBD since that's been debased anyway.

You like to do put downs and that's common amongunderachievers.

Really? You obviously know far more than I do about underachieving.

You seem to be the type who resents wealth because you recognize that your
limited competence will never lead to wealth.

My competence is far from limited. In fact, I'd put my capabilities up
against yours any day of the week. You keep presenting yourself as
superior. When do we get to see some proof of it? Or is all you are
going to do is talk about it? Let's see something from you that
demonstrates you are better than average at anything. Put up or shut up.

Since you can't even recognize your own limited competence, I doubt any
demonstration of mine would make an impression.

Let's see what you've got. You act like someone who wants to be
respected but you have done nothing to earn it. If you can't show any
reason why you should be treated with respect then don't expect any.

I know that I will never sink so low that I would crave your respect.

Or much of anything.

In your ignorance you have no idea what I have. But I can tell you I
have many things of value.

Not wisdom, though.

Maybe not to someone as shallow and pretentious as you but to me any many
others I've got a lot.

What? "..any many others..." What?

And apparently all your superior abilities haven't led you to wealth either.
So what happened?

Hawwk-ptooey

Too busy learning and doing stuff to chase gaudy trinkets.

David

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/13/2012 5:56 PM, David R. Birch wrote:

I know quite a few very smart people, all of them smarter than you,
although that's a low hurdle.

No you don't. Because of your bias you wouldn't recognize how smart I am
even if it's obvious to others. I know from my education and from how I
interact with really intelligent people, and from IQ tests that I am
above average in intelligence. So your statement is false.

Not really, above average puts you in the top 50%, most of my friends
have demonstrated that they are in the top 2%.

Let's look at your statement "most of my friends have demonstrated that
they are in the top 2%". Really? How many friends are we talking about?
One, two, fifty? So how many is most of your friends and how have they
demonstrated they are in the top 2%? Did you check them to see they are
in the near genius level? Being a bit less that truthful here aren't you?

Some of them are rich because what they do
leads to wealth, but wealth isn't why they do it. Most of the smartest
just don't find the pursuit of wealth very interesting.

I never did. I always was more interested in being something instead of
having things. Having more things doesn't do much for me.

So what happened to your "if you're so smart, why aren't you rich"? Are
you disappointed that you will never be something more than a
newsgroupie with a useless BA from a mediocre school?

Where does it say that I agree with that? Because I don't. It's an
ignorant statement used by people to demean others. So only people like
you use it. You seek to demean on a regular basis, which tells me a lot
about you .

But you probably don't understand that either.

I'm sure that you would be surprised at how much I know. Chances are
it's more than you do.

Low probability, I didn't stop learning when I left school like you did.

Like I said, I'll put my knowledge up against yours any day of the week.
You're just a blowhard with no credentials and no achievements to prove
how great you portray yourself to be. Like you never stopped learning.
Is that right. You must be pretty damn smart by now then, huh? How about
showing someone?

You talk a great game but so far I've seen no evidence to support that
idea.

Yes, many of us have commented on your cluelessness.

And many of us have noticed your constant changing of subject rather
than answering questions. Whether I'm clueless or not you still have
shown no one anything about you showing you are in any way above average
in anything. What are you hiding?

What great success in life can you point to that makes you superior
toanyone?

Nothing Nobel worthy so far, but NBD since that's been debased anyway.

You're just like everyone else who has an ordinary life, ordinary
capabilities, and ordinary everything else. Why else would you be so
reluctant to show us anything? Have you done nothing to take pride in?
Poor guy.

You like to do put downs and that's common amongunderachievers.

Really? You obviously know far more than I do about underachieving.

Yeah, I learned that when I was in school when my major was psychology.
I learned a lot about human behavior. But I learned that in the school
yard too. The guys cutting other people down did it so they wouldn't be
the subject of ridicule themselves. You try one put down after another.
Chances are you are just trying to take the attention off your
shortcomings. That is also why you won't show anything. Nothing you have
is any good.

You seem to be the type who resents wealth because you recognize that
your
limited competence will never lead to wealth.

My competence is far from limited. In fact, I'd put my capabilities up
against yours any day of the week. You keep presenting yourself as
superior. When do we get to see some proof of it? Or is all you are
going to do is talk about it? Let's see something from you that
demonstrates you are better than average at anything. Put up or shut up.

Since you can't even recognize your own limited competence, I doubt any
demonstration of mine would make an impression.

It would if you were any good at anything. But if as I suspect you're
just as average as they come then yeah, I doubt you would make any
impression on me. Nice that you won't show anything that shows if you
are good or bad at anything. Your lack of confidence says all we need to
know about your limited capabilities.

Let's see what you've got. You act like someone who wants to be
respected but you have done nothing to earn it. If you can't show any
reason why you should be treated with respect then don't expect any.

I know that I will never sink so low that I would crave your respect.

How about your own then? Any self respecting man would stand up and be
willing to prove he's any good. Especially after he's made such a big
deal about how bad somebody else is. But I see nothing that indicates
you have any respect for yourself either.

Or much of anything.

In your ignorance you have no idea what I have. But I can tell you I
have many things of value.

Not wisdom, though.

The people who seek out my counsel think otherwise. Most people I meet
understand right away that I know more about more things than they do.
You're the oddball who can't tell when he is communicating with a person
who has a lot of knowledge.

Maybe not to someone as shallow and pretentious as you but to me any many
others I've got a lot.

What? "..any many others..." What?

And apparently all your superior abilities haven't led you to wealth
either.
So what happened?

I'd say the same thing that happened to me is what happened to you.

Too busy learning and doing stuff to chase gaudy trinkets.

Good excuse. I'll have to remember that one next time someone asks me if
I'm so smart how come I'm not rich.

Hawke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

And as long as you continue with that I'll continue to tell you to shut
your mouth.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 15, 12:33*am, Hawke wrote:

Let's look at your statement "most of my friends have demonstrated that
they are in the top 2%". Really? How many friends are we talking about?
One, two, fifty? So how many is most of your friends and how have they
demonstrated they are in the top 2%? Did you check them to see they are
in the near genius level? Being a bit less that truthful here aren't you?

Hawke

The top 2 % is not that remarkable. Looking at Wiki, the top 2 % just
means an IQ of 131 or better. When I was working in Alaska, one of my
friends knew he was smart and wanted a way to get it on his employment
record. At the time the company gave IQ tests , but not at remote
sites as where we were in Alaska. Anyway I contacted the right people
in the company and got permission to give IQ tests to employees. No
danger in my cheating as I had already taken the test before going to
Alaska. I can not remember all the scores, but as I remember the
lowest score was about 120 and most scores were 130 or more. Not the
results one would get if testing the general population, but this was
a group of electronic techs and engineers.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote
-The top 2 % is not that remarkable. Looking at Wiki, the top 2 % just
-means an IQ of 131 or better. When I was working in Alaska, one of my
-friends knew he was smart and wanted a way to get it on his employment
-record. At the time the company gave IQ tests , but not at remote
-sites as where we were in Alaska. Anyway I contacted the right people
-in the company and got permission to give IQ tests to employees. No
-danger in my cheating as I had already taken the test before going to
-Alaska. I can not remember all the scores, but as I remember the
-lowest score was about 120 and most scores were 130 or more. Not the
-results one would get if testing the general population, but this was
-a group of electronic techs and engineers.
-Dan

The informal consensus in Mensa was to omit membership from the resume. The
non-technical Human Resources (et.al.) personnel in a hi-tech company could
be envious and defensive and needed to be treated carefully.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/15/2012 9:17 AM, Steve B wrote:
The informal consensus in Mensa was to omit membership from the resume.
The
non-technical Human Resources (et.al.) personnel in a hi-tech company
could be envious and defensive and needed to be treated carefully.

jsw

From my experiences, Mensa members were a coin flip as to whether their
socks matched.

Mensa is about the most pointless organization (after the Congressional
Black Caucus) I've ever known. Everyone I've ever known who admitted to
being in it was freakishly weird. Mensa membership is predicated purely
on raw IQ. That's like evaluating a car based purely on horsepower.
The heap might not even be operable due to all manner of other defects,
but by golly, it puts out 500 horsepower, so it /must/ be good. NOT.

I've known a good number of high IQ people who never achieved much (in
no small part because they thought rewards were simply dished out on the
basis of high IQ itself), and I've known people who didn't seem to be of
especially high intelligence but who had tremendous drive and a great
work ethic who achieved a lot.

High IQ by itself doesn't mean much if you don't use it, or if your
character is ****.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message

The informal consensus in Mensa was to omit membership from the resume.
The
non-technical Human Resources (et.al.) personnel in a hi-tech company
could be envious and defensive and needed to be treated carefully.

jsw

From my experiences, Mensa members were a coin flip as to whether their
socks matched.

Steve

RUNVS?

We arranged to have supper with a reporter in a restaurant, and watched her
wander all around looking for a group that met her visual stereotype. After
we flagged her over she apologized for having a negative one and commented
that one well-muscled member looked more like a Bulgarian weight lifter than
an intellectual.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 15, 11:17*am, "Steve B" wrote:
The informal consensus in Mensa was to omit membership from the resume.
The
non-technical Human Resources (et.al.) personnel in a hi-tech company
could be envious and defensive and needed to be treated carefully.

jsw

From my experiences, Mensa members were a coin flip as to whether their
socks matched.

Steve

www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com

Unlike NRA members who do not have a coin to flip nor the dexterity to
do so.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:32:27 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Steve B" wrote in message
m...

The informal consensus in Mensa was to omit membership from the resume.
The
non-technical Human Resources (et.al.) personnel in a hi-tech company
could be envious and defensive and needed to be treated carefully.

jsw

From my experiences, Mensa members were a coin flip as to whether their
socks matched.

Steve

RUNVS?

We arranged to have supper with a reporter in a restaurant, and watched her
wander all around looking for a group that met her visual stereotype. After
we flagged her over she apologized for having a negative one and commented
that one well-muscled member looked more like a Bulgarian weight lifter than
an intellectual.

jsw

Last MENSA group I went to, half the guys were wearing jeans, cowboy
hats and boots, a couple of the ladies were wearing bib overalls, one
looked like a hooker (and was) etc etc. There was (1) guy with a pocket
protector and a calculator. Beer was by the bottle and several were
chewing tobacco.

A bit different than the generic idea of the groups....shrug.

I should mention that a member here for a long time, cant remember his
name..damnit..stroke moment..worked as a upperupper Uber engineer for
Boeing as I recall. One of the guys who could walk in and shut down an
entire department with a command. He wore Wrangler jeans, western
shirts, big assed belt buckle and boots and his laptop had the startup
music..big diesel tractor engine starting up.

Im sure someone will come up with his name. He raises Icelandic horses.

If he wasnt a Mensa member..he would have qualified without a blink.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/15/2012 6:08 AM, wrote:
On Jan 15, 12:33 am, wrote:

[...]

I'm not too sure that example is very useful. I think genius IQs are in
the 140-150 range or slightly above. So if your group had an average IQ
of 130 they were far above average, yep, maybe in the top 2%. But I bet
you can't say that about your normal friends and family. I know I can't.

So I'm saying that I don't believe this guy's friends are all in the 2%
intellect category. He's making that up so he can try to make me seem
dumb. The point is he has to make up a lie to do it. I never said I'm
that smart, just smarter than average. I don't know how much but I did
have IQ tests in high school and I was supposed to be getting really
good grades based on that. At the time my grades showed me to be in the
bottom 2%. But back then all I did was screw around and I don't think I
ever did any homework in four years of high school. I changed. When I
got my B.A. my grades were good enough for the grad school to accept me.
So things do change.

Hawke