Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default What's TSP ?

Nate Nagel wrote in
:

On 01/11/2012 06:15 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/11/2012 12:24 PM, N8N wrote:
On Jan 11, 10:12 am, wrote:
wrote in message

m... On Jan 11, 9:51 am,
wrote:

wrote in message

m...

Add TSP to the dishwashing powder.

What's TSP ?
Unfortunately, a suitable replacement has yet to be found, so
laundry and washing dishes is more challenging these days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._s00_i01_detai
ls

Good idea, but read the fine print.

"Not Available To Members in Phosphate Restricted Areas"

Although, honestly, if you don't let your grey water go into the
sewer (e.g. you let it go to a cistern and use it for watering
plants etc.) I don't see the big deal.

nate

funny, it's not restricted when you go into home depot and pick it
off the shelf.

You must not live in a "phosphate restricted area" then. When I go to
HD it's not *on* the shelf, but they do sell "TSP substitute."

Now I definitely do live in a "phosphate restricted area" (Chesapeake
Bay watershed) but I don't know if that means that you can't buy TSP
in any form, or if it is only prohibited in household detergents. But
in any case, I don't see it on the shelves anymore.

nate

I bought a box of Savogran TSP from HD here in the Orlando area. it was
inexpensive.

now the question is; *how much* do you put in the usual dishwasher load?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik