Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_4_] Nancy Young[_4_] is offline

Default Backer board question

On 1/12/2012 12:17 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
On 1/12/2012 7:12 AM, Nancy Young wrote:

He's telling me they would have to tile wherever this backer
board is, and I don't understand why they can't just tile up
to a certain point and I could have the seam covered with tape,
etc, then painted, and you wouldn't see that it was a different
material under the paint job.

you can do whatever you want. It's YOUR house. Just tell them what you
want done.

(laugh) This is true, but I do rely on the professionals to tell
me if something is a bad idea. He was clear on my options and none
of them involved just treating the backer board like it was a
different kind of sheetrock.

Yes, what you propose will work. The backerboard will have to
have a skim coat of drywall mud in order to blend in with the sheetrock.

Shoot, I did that to a whole room that had sand paint to smooth it
out, I could do a four inch strip of backer board no problem.

Shouldn't be any different than any other taped joint for an experienced
drywall person.

Cool. I was thinking is it 1/4 thicker or something? Thank you
for the help.

nancy