Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Windows not genuine

wrote:
I bought this computer a month ago. Then I learned that W7 would not
run myvery old copy of autocad, visual basic, and most important my
CNC control software(Camsoft).

I managed to completely hose W7 trying to get XP running on the same
box. So, I went nuclear:reformated, installed XP, then W7 using the
COA sticker on the side of this box (emachine from Best Buy).

All was well until just a few minutes ago. The screen went black and I
got "This copy of windows is not genuine". I was able to put in a new
background.

Is this box about to die? What should I do?

Use your 'Recovery' CDs to install the original W7.
Then run 'XP Mode' on W7:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/vir.../download.aspx

--Winston