Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default AC Adapter Plague

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012 04:54:10 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I have a drawerful of them. Most are Sony 455s. * (Or is it 445? I never can
remember.)

The "obsolete" ones can come in handy. For example, a Sony 9V Discman supply
does a great job running my Brother label printer.

PS: Speaking of Brother labels... They're a great (though pricey) way to
label stuff, but they have an Achilles heel -- they simply won't stick to
polypropylene. (I've complained to Brother about this.) After a few minutes
on my trash can, or those nice plastic binders from Staples, they start
"unwinding". Magic Mending Tape is needed to hold them down.

The preceding is an example of free association.

Yeah, I noticed. Looks like your topic stabilizer circuit is drifting
out of control. The usual culprit is too much positive feedback and
agreement, which tends to destabilize any feedback circuit. With
enough positive feedback, it could easily become oscillatory, or latch
at either extreme position. I suggest you add some negative feedback
or criticism, which should prevent any further off topic excursions.
Also, be sure to check for cranial overheating which is a good
indication of bugs in the system.

* Sony produced an elegant little universal switching version of this
supply. I bought a box of 'em on eBay. I use one of them to power a pair of
STAX electrostatic earphones. (Really.)

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D