IMM

Default Replacing a boiler

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:39:47 -0000, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

Mine has a cylindrical heat exchanger like a drum with pipes inside
around the edge and the burner being a mesh affair at the centre. In
effect, the heat is exchanged radially from the burner at the centre.

Well that sounds like a reasonable burner arrangement too. I was under

the
impression that some boilers used the burner underneath method, where, in

condenser, it gets a nice shower of acid.

Christian.

Sure. I know that some of the older ones that had secondary heat
exchangers did.

Mine has a bottom mounted pre-mix burner and it's a condensing boiler. the
condensate occurs at the heat exchanger edges.

---