Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:00:15 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/6/2012 6:34 AM, Leon wrote:

Does any one "just" own "a" gun? ;~)

I only own one ... a Remington Model 11 20 ga which my father gave me
when I was nine. No shells are in the house.

My house was burglarized back in the 70's. My deer rifle was locked and
loaded and I found it on couch, ready to shoot whoever walked in the
door during the burglary; my 45 pistol was stolen and used to rape my
neighbor across the street.

After that incident, I no longer keep ammunition in any house I've lived
in, you burglarize my home you need to bring your own.

That's entirely illogical, Swingy. Keep a loaded weapon (or ten) and
extra ammo for each in a handy safe if nothing else. With no ammo,
the gun is useless to YOU, too, in case of emergency. A gun safe
allows you to keep them around with no chance of the perps stealing
them.

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt