Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT way OT but GOOD for Mom!

Han wrote:

I'm a liberal. I am in favor of registration of firearms, and
licensing people for the use of them.

This lady did the right thing, and (I believe) has the 911 tapes to
prove it. Because she had a baby, and was in her home, she had and
has the right to defend herself against a perp like this. While it
must be traumatic to know she killed a human being, that human being
didn't live according to the rules. End of story. Kudos to the lady
and I hope she can get on with her life as best she can as soon as
she can.

Then live with the fact that in some benighted (i.e., liberal)
jurisdictions, she did NOT have the right to take a human life unless she
was certain her life was in danger (and maybe not even then). She would not
be allowed to presume an imminent threat to her life by the actions of the
squint. Unless he said "I'm going to kill you," he could just as easily been
inclined to merely rape her. She didn't know, hence she was guilty of at
least manslaughter.

What's been overlooked in this sorry episode is that she was on the 'phone
to 911 for 21 minutes. I can't imagine any urban jurisdiction where it would
take the cops more than five minutes to respond to a "home invasion in
progress" call.

I take that back. There have been several reports of UK ambulance drivers
declining to respond to an emergency call because they were on break.