Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"Roderick Stewart"
wrote in message
.myzen.co.uk...
: In article
, Terry
Casey
: wrote:
: On the other hand, why have laptop manufacturers started
supplying their
: fully isolated PSUs with 3-pin connectors?
:
: Because if they supplied them with anything else in the UK,
you'd need to
: buy an adaptor as well.
:
:
: I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you implying that it
is no
: longer legal in the UK to supply equipment with twin flex
(and matching
: 2-pole connector)?
:
: I wasn't implying anything at all about what's legal, because I
don't know, but
: I do know that if you want to plug an electrical appliance into
a wall socket
: in the UK, it needs to have a 3 pin UK plug on it. Therefore if
they put any
: other kind of plug on it, you'd have to use an adaptor.
:

Except Terry was talking about the *female* plug on the end of
the power lead that is inserted into the PSU... The plug that is
inserted into the wall socket, AIUI, those have and will always
be local to the official area of sale - otherwise, in your own
words, an adapter would be required. Duh! :~)
--
Regards, Jerry.