Posted to rec.woodworking
Limp Arbor Limp Arbor is offline

Default Ultimate sawhorse

On Jan 4, 6:52*pm, dpb wrote:
On 1/4/2012 5:26 PM, John wrote:

Neat idea, you have to give him an 'A' for effort. Now if he eliminates
the bending down to fasten a strap thing to something reachable *while
standing* then I'll give him an 'A+'.

Yeah, the weakness in that design is that the legs have to be held
together to hold the crosspiece in place--they want to go the wrong way
under load.

Looks like under a straight down load it is not going to want to push
apart because the top sits in a notch with the pivot point below.
http://www.woodshopdude.com/uploads/...524296.png?380

After I put a set together this weekend I'll report back how tension
is on the strap.

I'm also not sure why the designer has the legs put together the way
they are. I would think maybe having the legs on one side be inside
legs and the other side be outside legs might also work. Maybe they
need to be that way because they splay out...