Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Horizontal Mill Swarf Shields

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 23:12:29 -0600, Pete Keillor
wrote:

I've just done conventional. I'm guessing climb milling for finish is
more of a concern with an end mill.

Actually...no. Its of concern with horizontal mill cutters as well.

Also, this lead screw is way to
worn to try it. I've got the materials for a new lead screw plus
nuts, just need to pull the old one, measure it again, and get to
work.

Ayup..climb milling certainly doent work very well with worn nuts and
screws.

I was marvelously fortunate when I snagged my old Larios Horizontal.
Damned old girl is tight as can be. I love it!!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...6802602/Larios

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

Gimmer

Gunner Asch