Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default How about an insinkerator hot water tap?

On 1/4/2012 4:09 PM, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On 4 Jan 2012 15:04:28 GMT, Huge wrote:

And under counter electric boiler. I wonder how much energy it

uses
per day keeping 2.5l of water at near boiling point?

Some of them have a Thermos (Dewar) container.

That would be better than simple insulation but the page doesn't
mention that just "2.5 Litre stainless steel tank" and "high
effciency insulation". Steel vacuum flasks are no where near as good
as glass ones at keeping the heat in/out.

I see from the 2 page(!) "Installation instructions" that it's rated
at 1300W and 100 cups/hour at 98C. A Canadian cup is 227ml (metric
cup is 250ml, US 236ml) so thats a minimum of 22.7l/hour or
0.378l/min. 1300W can only provide a 50C (ish) temperature rise at
that flow rate so something doesn't add up in the spec...

With the store full and at 98C I can see it managing the first hours
100 cups OK but how about the second or third hours? It simply has
not got the power to heat cold incoming water at say 15C to 98C on
the fly at the quoted flow rate.

I've noticed that some coffee machines refer to 'cups', but their 'cups'
are only 5 or six ounces each.