Posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv,rec.audio.tech,uk.rec.audio,sci.electronics.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default Audio Precision System One Dual Domani Measuirement Systems

"Jim Lesurf" wrote in message
: In article , Jerry
: wrote:
:
: "Jim Lesurf" wrote in message
: ...
: : In article , Jerry
: : wrote:
:
: [Snip]
:
: :
: : Almost anything "can" happen. But in reality how often does
it?
:
:
: Not very often, just as kids in areas that do not use the
UK's BS1363
: plug/socket don't tend to poke things into other types of
sockets,
:
: So no stats on either.
:

Indeed, just like everyone else...

:
: : But then people know that, in the UK appliances could
: actually be
: : protected at 30A (with old slow-blow fuse wire) but the
: person using
: : the appliance believes that it is protected at the
correct
: 3A.
: :
: : How often is that the case? I've not come across anyone
using
: fuse wire (of
: : any rating) to replace the fuse cart in a mains plug for
: decades. is that
: : what you are referring to?
:
: No, think metal bolt/rod or similar, that is the same
diameter as the
: BS fuse and you might get the idea. If an unthinking idiot
can do it,
: they probably will,
:
: Again, not really comparative stats.

Indeed, just like everyone else...

:
: Again, what is the statistical evidence for this
: : being a significant problem?
: :
:
: Why do you think the law was changed in the UK so that all
(non
: wholesale) domestic, free standing, electrical equipment has
to now
: come pre-fitted with a BS1363 plug and correct fuse?
:
: Why do you thing that asking a question is a substitute for
having the
: relevant statistical data to compare the outcomes for different
systems? If
: the UK system "wasn't for consumer convenience" then your
implication is
: that is was for some other reason - e.g. safety. Hence arguing
against your
: earlier implication that shuttering hasn't any value.

The problem was the number of *incorrectly wired* plugs being
used, even by people who either should have known better or who
should have been trained, nothing what so ever to do with the
shuttering on the sockets.

:
: I appreciate you have loads of opinions. But I was asking if
you had any
: reliable stats.
:

Much like you and everyone else then, so please, no more of your
sycophantic bull**** then, unless you care to quote and cite some
hard facts...