Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:06:23 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/3/2012 4:40 AM, Bill wrote:

I am pretty cynical too. But that doesn't mean economics isn't always at
work too. I'm as politically minded as I've ever been. I would like to
see our society be a happy, financially responsible place! Let's figure
out what to do then...

Go read history and historical literature, starting with Plato.

Thinking of Plato always reminds me of Socrates. Does anyone else
automatically pronounce it "sew crates" nowadays? I blame it on
having watched "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure".

Plato's _Republic_ is on my "to be read" shelf.

You need
to rid yourself of the notion of an altruistic human nature.

Yeah, when most people (especially libs) say "let's feed the hungry
and house the homeless" they mean to do so using YOUR money.

--
In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer.