Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 1/3/2012 4:29 AM, Bill wrote:
Swingman wrote:

As Leon says, there is no shortage:

I never said there was a shortage. I just said "the supply rate is
bounded". If you force the price to $2/gal. you may indeed end up with a
shortage (not being able to meet demand). My own gasoline consumption is
sensitive to the price.

Except for the next time the prices go up for no other reason that a
holiday is approaching and you're on you way out the door on your annual
vacation ... As Lew says, your chain is being jerked.

Ain't it funny how "supply and demand" always gets blamed on that twice
annual, highly predictable, chain jerking, eh?

What makes you think demand doesn't affect pricing?

What makes you think that market manipulation can't affect the price
more than supply and demand?

Bought a diamond lately?

Only the naive think that the same thing is not a large factor in the
price of oil, and supposedly the price of gas at the pump.

With traded commodities in particular, like oil and gas, the
_perception_ of "supply and demand" play a large part in the overall
price due to speculation, and perceptions are played like a violin to
make a profit, and "supply and demand" take the all too convenient blame.

Your chain is, indeed, being jerked to a large extent ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010