Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 1/2/2012 10:32 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Do you know why they ship our light crude overseas? Because the oil
companies, in their infinite wisdom, no longer build refineries here
which can process our heavier, more sour types of oil. We use the
light sweet and sell the rest. And the prices stay high because
said
oil companies, who are rolling in double digit windfall profits,
won't
build any more refineries of any type, bottlenecking the flow of
gasoline. That and the futures market and continual resale of oil
on
paper until the profits are made by all participating companies.

What a bunch of happy horse ****.

There will never be another "grass roots" refinery built in the USA
for a couple of reasons.

1) Not in my back yard. (NIMBY)
No one wants a refinery built in their back yard or near their town,
etc and fight the permitting process at every step in the process.

Gotta agree with here Lew, I believe more refineries would be built if
it were not for the liberal greenies, thank you California mentality.