Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 1/2/2012 5:53 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 1/2/2012 4:36 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

All we have to do is keep the oil companies from shipping
our oil overseas.
-----------------------------------
Basic economics.

Reduce the demand, the supply increases and the price comes down.

Actually supply and demand is not the factor that regulates gasoline
prices, it is "what the market will bare". Pick any alternative energy
and you will have the same consumer pricing problem.

At least "in a free market", what the market will bear is determined by
supply and demand. 'Course, I expect you know that. Its the "free
market" part that can't be taken for granted..

But in this instance, there is no shortage so demand does not affect
pricing.