Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default C'mon, now ............

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2011-12-31, John B wrote:

[ ... ]

As for 9/16" wrenches you certainly need at least two if only so that
you have one to work with after you have dropped one down in the bilge
and can't fish it out :-)

Make that three, because you sometimes need one to hold the head
of the bolt while a second one is turning the nut (assuming not enough
clearance to get a ratchet on either). And count the one which went in
the bilge

But more realistically, there are a host of jobs that you simply
cannot accomplish if you don't have the correct puller, spanner,
whatever.

Agreed. Or unless you modify spare tools to make the special
tool which you need. :-)

7/16, 1/2, 9/16, and 10mm. I have probably ten different brands of each of
those three wrenches. I don't know how many times I have gone into whatever
local store was closest and bought whatever brand they had because I needed
one more wrench to finish the job I was working on. Don't get me started on
screwdrivers.

My Dad always says, there are three things you can never have to much of.
Rope, fish hooks, and screwdrivers.