Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default C'mon, now ............

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:29:39 -0600, "Snag" wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:46:31 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

All this falderal about Craftsman ............. Mac ........... Proto
............ Snap-on.

Just how many 9/16" wrenches does one guy need? And same with
sockets? And just how good is any 9/16" socket if you don't put a
3/8" to 3/4" adapter on it with a three foot cheater pipe?

Now, I know there are world's of difference in the ratchet
assemblies of various ratchets with multiple moving parts, but with
the rest of it, what's the big deal?

Having a full on set of Snap-On (substitute the name of any Better
than Yours Tool) does not mean much. Stupid mechanics with a chest
full of tools have a problem of changing plugs without stripping
three of eight. True mechanics can have you back on the road with
roadside tools and a drop light.

It has nothing to do with the tools. It has to do with knowledge.
If you know what you're doing, the tools are secondary.

Steve

True enough..but getting that distributor lined up without a properly
bent box end can be an utter bitch without the right tool.

VBG

Gunner

My distributor wrench stays in the truck , since that's the only vehicle I
own with a dist . And yes it's custom bent - from a 9/16" X 5/8" double box
wrench .

Ive got 4 different onces..all commerically made, different sizes..I
think they cost me a buck each or so at yard sales/swap meets.

Dont use em a lot..only 2 vehicles with distributors..but they get
loaned out 4-6 times a year to people I trust.

Gunner

Gunner Asch