Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default C'mon, now ............

Ignoramus22134 wrote:
Steve, I do not disagree with you, but I have a question. Have you
tried usign Snap-On tools?

Iggy , I have a few Snap-on , and a lot of Craftsman , along with a
scattering of other brands . I don't see a lot of difference . As someone
above said , sometime ya needs a thinwall , sometimes a thick 6 point . So I
do agree with having different wrenches/sockets of the same size . Lately
the first place I check is the local pawn shop ... recently got a dozen 1/4"
drive sockets , all Snap-on and Craftsman , for a buck . Hard to beat those
prices !
--
Snag
Learning keeps

On 2011-12-30, Steve B wrote:
All this falderal about Craftsman ............. Mac ........... Proto
............ Snap-on.

Just how many 9/16" wrenches does one guy need? And same with
sockets? And just how good is any 9/16" socket if you don't put a
3/8" to 3/4" adapter on it with a three foot cheater pipe?

Now, I know there are world's of difference in the ratchet
assemblies of various ratchets with multiple moving parts, but with
the rest of it, what's the big deal?

Having a full on set of Snap-On (substitute the name of any Better
than Yours Tool) does not mean much. Stupid mechanics with a chest
full of tools have a problem of changing plugs without stripping
three of eight. True mechanics can have you back on the road with
roadside tools and a drop light.

It has nothing to do with the tools. It has to do with knowledge.
If you know what you're doing, the tools are secondary.

Steve