Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default How Germany Builds Twice as Many Cars as the U.S. While PayingIts Workers Twice as Much

On 12/30/2011 2:38 PM, wrote:
On Dec 30, 4:52 pm, wrote:
On 12/29/2011 5:29 PM, wrote:

On Dec 29, 8:09 pm, wrote:

Then you're blind as a bat. Because every economic indicator is far
better now than it was at the end of the Bush regime. Don't you ever
look at any statistics before you post?

Hawke

Far better? I think not. What was the unemployment rate in Jan
2009? Hint 7.6 %
What is the unemployment rate now? Hint the latest statistic is Now
and the rate is 8.6 %

Don't you ever look at any statistics before you post?

Dan

I just heard on TV about twenty minutes ago where they were running down
the economic statistics for the year. Today was the last trading day of
2011. It said 21 straight months of private sector job growth (don't ask
for citations), 1.5 million jobs added this year, corporate profits at
record levels, unemployment down for the year, and the whole list showed
the economic statistics for the year were pretty darn good. By the way,
almost all the other countries around the world did much worse than we did.

So go ahead and pull out the "trailing indicator" of unemployment to try
to prove your point that things didn't get better this year. Everything
else you can point to says the opposite. Apparently you only look at the
statistics that prove your point. Try looking at them all like I do.
You'll see a much different picture. The facts say the country improved
a lot in 2011.

Hawke

You said "Then you're blind as a bat. Because every economic
indicator is far
better now than it was at the end of the Bush regime. Don't you ever
look at any statistics before you post?

Hawke "

So is unemployment an economic indicator or not? You claimed EVERY
economic indicator......... But obviously you did not look at any
statistics before you posted. My point in this case is that you run
your mouth without thinking. I used employment because it does not
agree with what you posted. If you would only think before posting,
you might not post things that are obviously not true and require
follow up posts to explain what you were trying to say. You are the
one that said " Don't you ever look at any statistics before you
post ? "

Dan

You are a joke you know it? If I said every economic indicator showed
things were better and it turned out that one of the whole bunch did not
you would mention that one thing and ignore all the rest. But even if
one indicator was not better that isn't the point is it? The point was
about the question of whether things were getting better or not. If all
the indicators were better but one what does that mean? To rational
people it means things are getting better. But the fact is even
unemployment went down this year. So even that indicator was moving in
the right direction.

So now that we have established that (just about every economic
indicator) showed improvement this year. That is compelling evidence
that things are better now than they were at the end of the Bush regime.
Which is what I said, and now even you know the facts prove that is
true. So are there any other nits that you can find to pick?

Hawke