Mike Coonrod

Default Jointer knife sharpening

I don't know about northern mn, there is a place in st. paul that I take
my stuff. I don't think you can send stuff to them though.

In the past couple months in various woodworking rags they posted a
little jig to sharpen jointer knives. Basically it is a peice of wood
that has two angles cut in them so the knives are exposed flat. Then
you just sand over the top of them with a sanding block, 200, 400, 600,
800...you get the idea. Crude picture of it.....

|/----\|
--------

Wegge wrote:
I have 3 sets of dull (not nicked) jointer knives that need sharpening
desperately. I can't decide if I should send them out somewhere for
sharpening or purchase a grinder such as the Makita 9820-2 Sharpener.

I live in the northern boondocks of Minnesota and there isn't a
sharpening service anywhere near me.

Has anyone had experience with the Makita Sharpener or can recommend a
place where I can send knives for sharpening.

Thanks

Wayne