Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Damaged worktop: what to do

On 07/12/2011 19:49 F wrote:

I've put a hot griddle pan (yes, I know!) down on the kitchen worktop
and now have a bubble in the surface around 10mm long and 5mm wide. It's
a couple of mm high and has a fine crack across the top of it. The
worktop is a one of Formica's finest textured in black and grey.

Anyone able to advise on a repair other than 'replace it all'. I don't
have an angle grinder, but I do have a couple of cans of WD40...

Management has stayed calm. So far.

Management is still calm and considering a complete replacement.

In granite. 'Medium grey', whatever that may be.

Anyone any thoughts? Can it stain? Any particular 'type' to avoid or to
go for? I've no relevant experience...