Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Northeast heating oil prices and gasoline?

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Attila.Iskander wrote:

Not to mention that when the taxes reach the point of being onerous,
the rich, can move their wealth to various shelters and thus avoid
paying all those now-inapplicable taxes.
WE only have to look at Euro countries which have incredible onerous
taxes on the rich, and where tax avoidance is endemic to the point
that countries are going bankrupt for lack of tax collection.

We don't have to look that far. Think California or New York.

The Wall Street Journal had an opinion piece a while back from a
fellow who moved from New York to Florida and saved $13,000 in taxes.
Oh, that saving was $13,000 per DAY.

I understand Rush Limbaugh likewise moved from New York to Florida,
probably for the same reason.

Some states like Italy or New York, or for that matter NJ, have a LOT of
political cronyism and/or corruption. But Florida has as only good point
Disney World, and once every 5 or 10 years is enough of that.

Oh, by the way, I'd like to be able to save 13K/day, but that is only
roughly my yearly real estate/school taxes here in Jersey.

--
Best regards
Han