Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Northeast heating oil prices and gasoline?

May rise dramatically as 40% of the region's refining capacity closes.

"While the largest loss by volume will be gasoline supplies, idling the
Marcus Hook refinery early in the current heating season eliminates a major
regional source of heating oil supplies in a market with relatively low
stock levels, although a mild start to the winter has eased demand. By the
winter of 2012/13, more regionally-sourced ULSD and heating oil supplies
will be lost if Sunoco’s Philadelphia refinery is also shut down."

Government report (PDF)
http://www.eia.gov/analysis/studies/...g_Activity.pdf

News story:
http://fuelfix.com/blog/2011/12/28/f...ply-northeast/

Story and report opine that some of the shortage, depending on transport
capacity, will have to come from Gulf Coast refineries.

Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a transport
problem...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Government report (PDF)http://www.eia.gov/analysis/studies/...pdf/Reduction_...

News story:http://fuelfix.com/blog/2011/12/28/f...-fuel-needed-t...

Story and report opine that some of the shortage, depending on transport
capacity, will have to come from Gulf Coast refineries.

Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a transport
problem...

Refineries closing here because they are old, inefficient and over
regulated.
The ports are still there and finished petroleum products can still be
shipped there.
I was told by friend in epa that they had been importing most of their
stuff as finished products in recent years anyway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 29, 10:45*am, Frank wrote:
[...]

stuff as finished products in recent years anyway.- Hide quoted text -

Actually there was a news story last week about how the
USA is currently a net exporter of diesel. Worldwide demand
is strong and with the sluggish economy here, that's where
its' going.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a
transport
problem...

hush your mouth, we don't need anymore yanks here, there is enough
already.
Besides, Tejas is a terrible place to live, no jobs, the economy sucks
and by golly its just to damn hoteg

Posted to alt.home.repair

ChairMan wrote:
Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a
transport
problem...

hush your mouth, we don't need anymore yanks here, there is enough
already.
Besides, Tejas is a terrible place to live, no jobs, the economy sucks
and by golly its just to damn hoteg

Your points are not exactly right:
* 20% of the jobs created in the last five years were in Texas
* The economy is not much different from the rest of the nation
* We didn't build the world's first air-conditioned sports stadium to be
ostentatious (well, maybe a little bit); air conditioning is required. To
quote a New Yorker, however, Fran Liebowitz said "The outdoors is something
through which I pass between my apartment and my car." That attitude is
mostly true in south Texas. But sometimes Dallas - and other less desirable
parts of the state - shut down due to snow.

And as far as "Yanks being here," if someone from yankeeland (spit) is
willing to pull up stakes based on his willingness to take a risk and has
confidence in his own abilities, wants a better life for himself and his
family, well, those are the kinds of folks Texas, and for that matter, the
nation, needs and wants.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 14:11:08 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

ChairMan wrote:
[...]

.... and the gals dab gun oil behind their ears, instead of perfume
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
...snipped...
And as far as "Yanks being here," if someone from yankeeland (spit) is
willing to pull up stakes based on his willingness to take a risk and has
confidence in his own abilities, wants a better life for himself and his
family, well, those are the kinds of folks Texas, and for that matter, the
nation, needs and wants.

And how about if that kind of person comes from, say, Mexico?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 29, 1:33*pm, "ChairMan" nospam@nospam wrote:
Of course if one moved to Texas, there wouldn't be much of a
transport

Besides, Tejas is a terrible place to live, no jobs, the economy sucks
and by golly its just to damn hoteg

_____
But its the religious and gun capital of the world! How dare
you?!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Larry W wrote:
In article ,
HeyBub wrote:
...snipped...
And as far as "Yanks being here," if someone from yankeeland (spit)
is willing to pull up stakes based on his willingness to take a risk
and has confidence in his own abilities, wants a better life for
himself and his family, well, those are the kinds of folks Texas,
and for that matter, the nation, needs and wants.

And how about if that kind of person comes from, say, Mexico?

In my view, they'd be welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Further making the USA dependant on the rest of the world. Not good!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Frank" wrote in message

Refineries closing here because they are old, inefficient and over
regulated.
The ports are still there and finished petroleum products can still be
shipped there.
I was told by friend in epa that they had been importing most of their
stuff as finished products in recent years anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

We need realistic thinking. If one thinks logically, taxes on the poor
should be raised, not the rich.

* There are more of them. A dollar from a million poor people raises
more revenue than $100,000 from a rich person.
* The poor use more government services. Oh, sure, the rich are driven
on public road and fly through government-controlled air space, but
they don't send their kids to public school, collect food stamps or
rent supplements, and are not treated at county hospitals. Therefore
the poor should pay more because of the services they consume.

I think firing squads would be cheaper. Definitely faster.
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to alt.home.repair

Attila.Iskander wrote:

Not to mention that when the taxes reach the point of being onerous,
the rich, can move their wealth to various shelters and thus avoid
paying all those now-inapplicable taxes.
WE only have to look at Euro countries which have incredible onerous
taxes on the rich, and where tax avoidance is endemic to the point
that countries are going bankrupt for lack of tax collection.

We don't have to look that far. Think California or New York.

The Wall Street Journal had an opinion piece a while back from a fellow who
moved from New York to Florida and saved $13,000 in taxes. Oh, that saving
was $13,000 per DAY.

I understand Rush Limbaugh likewise moved from New York to Florida, probably
for the same reason.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Attila.Iskander wrote:

Not to mention that when the taxes reach the point of being onerous,
the rich, can move their wealth to various shelters and thus avoid
paying all those now-inapplicable taxes.
WE only have to look at Euro countries which have incredible onerous
taxes on the rich, and where tax avoidance is endemic to the point
that countries are going bankrupt for lack of tax collection.

We don't have to look that far. Think California or New York.

The Wall Street Journal had an opinion piece a while back from a
fellow who moved from New York to Florida and saved $13,000 in taxes.
Oh, that saving was $13,000 per DAY.

I understand Rush Limbaugh likewise moved from New York to Florida,
probably for the same reason.

Some states like Italy or New York, or for that matter NJ, have a LOT of
political cronyism and/or corruption. But Florida has as only good point
Disney World, and once every 5 or 10 years is enough of that.

Oh, by the way, I'd like to be able to save 13K/day, but that is only
roughly my yearly real estate/school taxes here in Jersey.

--
Best regards
Han