Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22134 Ignoramus22134 is offline

Default C'mon, now ............

Steve, I do not disagree with you, but I have a question. Have you
tried usign Snap-On tools?

On 2011-12-30, Steve B wrote:
All this falderal about Craftsman ............. Mac ........... Proto
............ Snap-on.

Just how many 9/16" wrenches does one guy need? And same with sockets? And
just how good is any 9/16" socket if you don't put a 3/8" to 3/4" adapter on
it with a three foot cheater pipe?

Now, I know there are world's of difference in the ratchet assemblies of
various ratchets with multiple moving parts, but with the rest of it, what's
the big deal?

Having a full on set of Snap-On (substitute the name of any Better than
Yours Tool) does not mean much. Stupid mechanics with a chest full of tools
have a problem of changing plugs without stripping three of eight. True
mechanics can have you back on the road with roadside tools and a drop
light.

It has nothing to do with the tools. It has to do with knowledge. If you
know what you're doing, the tools are secondary.

Steve