Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Can furnace gas valve solenoids be repaired/replaced?

Just wanted to update, I went to the Trane warehouse yesterday and got
my new valve, along with an adaptor kit, which is just an extension
nipple because the new valve is shorter than old one, so this nipple
makes up the difference so i can use the existing gas piping.
Also picked up a new ignitor as a backup.
Total out the door was $127

So I'll be replacing it when I get home today. Good thing because this
morning the valve acted up again and was sticking, but I got it
working for now.