Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Leaky house. Would a surveyor help?

On Dec 30, 3:29*pm, Another Dave wrote:

couple of hundred notes typically for a very good opinion.

Do you mean surveyors in general give very good opinions or that I'd get
a bad opinion for £100

People claiming damp expertise are very variable, there's no shortage
of unsuitable recommendations & diagnoses, so I'd be rather hesitant
to get a damp expert in, and even more so a non-damp-expert. I'd say
your best bet is to learn about damp in old houses, a good place to do
that is the period property uk forum (assuming its still running). The
sort of techniques used on modern builds are often not suited to old
houses with no dpc, soft bricks, etc.

Damp near ground is more often condensation than rising damp.

NT