Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 12/29/2011 10:35 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

No, I did not miss it. You want to pay less for more. So far, oil
IS the least expensive energy source for the masses.

When the population of the USA was around 240 million and oil was
$10/bbl, and the rest of the world not yet needing large quantities of
fossil fuels, you could make a case for the above, but with the
population
approaching 310 million and oil around $100/bbl, along with increased
world demand, it does not.

Fossil fuel emissions are impacting climate change but their costs
are not being included in this cost of ownership of the fossil fuel.

Watching way too much TV Lew

-------------------------------------
And location does have something to do with it. I am paying 10%
less than you for a "premium brand" gasoline.

---------------------------------
Local requirements can have a modest effect on retail prices, but it
usually it is not a major problem.
-----------------------------------
Oil prices go up, gasoline goes down. Explain how OPEC controls
local market prices of gasoline.

He who sells the product determines the final price at which he sells.
The refineries and their relationship with the media control the
prices.

What the hell does the media have to do with anything?3

Lets just say that the media leads the sheep to the slaughter house.
The media prepares the gullible public for a price hike and then the oil
companies take advantage of the situation.